Thursday, January 17, 2013

Oil Cleansing

 


Hmmm so shaking up my face regimine since after the new year, first, I stopped washing my face in the morning, did nothing in the morning for a week but went back to everything, toning, serums but not washing in the morning and just started the oil cleansing last night.(last saturday)  I'm, on the fence, just not sure, I read different things, for and against.  Some people love it, some gave it up.  So far I'm a few days in and my skin is breaking out a little more than usual but I'm willing to see what happens in the next couple weeks to give my skin a chance to adjust.  THIS article I just read today says no, it's crap.  Then there are articles like this that say it's great and why.  I have also read various mixes.  half castor oil for normal skin, 2/3 for oily and a 1/4 for dry, combined with the remaining percent of various oils, flax, evoo, sunflower, jojoba, grapseed, etc;  "Another example: In terms of the blend, it will depend on your skin type. I have very oily skin so I used 60% or so Castor Oil to start off
with but after a few weeks lowered this amount as my skin was getting quite dry. It might take a bit of trial and
error. The basic rule is:
- Oily Skin: 30% Castor Oil to 70% Sunflower Seed Oil.
- Balanced Skin: 20% Castor Oil to 80% Sunflower Seed Oil.
- Dry Skin: 10% Castor Oil to 90% Sunflower Seed Oil."
http://www.mommypotamus.com/oil-cleansing-for-clear-baby-soft-skin-video-tutorial/ check out this link for even more info and a video tutorial.

So I started about 5 days ago, I started with, 2/3 or maybe even 75% castor oil then the rest Flax oil which I didn't realize had some additional ingredients  and that I need to OOPS get in the fridge pronto.  The ingredients :
Organic flax seed oil (cold-pressed, unrefined and non-GE) and a natural antioxidant blend of organic sunflower oil, organic rosemary extract, natural mixed tocopherols, ascorbic acid and citric acid.
Contains soy derivative. < soy dang and I just read how it's no so good, but it's not going in my body so maybe that is not so bad???  Now Foods Castor oil is the brand I got for castor oil.  Anyway so initially it felt wrong, soo soo so wrong, to rub oil on my oily skin. Oh yes and I also added a drop of tea tree oil for it's anti bacterial properties.  I probably have only made.... an ounce to start out.  First thing, believe it or not after a few days, I had to up my flax oil ratio to half because that castor oil CAN dry.  I did start to pull gunk and little plugs (yum!) out of my face and empty out pores a lot easier.  I have started to break out a little more than normal this far into it.  But I really want to give it a chance,  I feel like the zits resolve faster than normal too, so we shall see.  The first night I did it I was wearing makeup and I used my "toner" Home Health Blemish lotion and got dirty looking dark stuff on my cottonball.  So I don't know if I need to try oil then wipe the makeup off with a tissue, then oil again and steam?  Still figuring this out.  The other nights I have  not worn makeup I have not gotten dark stuff to come off on the cottonball.  I also do not know if I should be using the oil mix with the tea tree oil on my eyes, though it does just great at getting off eyemakeup, I do use almond oil to get off whatever is left when I get done.  I know most women just oil cleanse and that's it, nothing else, maybe a little moisturizer if needed.  I think this will take some figuring out, if anyone has insights and tips please let me know!!  I keep using my serum and eye serum because I love just so much but could there be just a good stuff, cheaper made at home stuff out there??  I need to do more research.  Saving money and having great skin with no chemicals, that just sounds awesome!!
Gotta go refridgerate that flax oil.... and one more link for you from Detox Diva. And more info from her on the various oils...maybe I should've gone with jojoba??  More to come I'm sure...

No comments:

Post a Comment