Monday, January 7, 2013

Kids Products

 Original post date 2/24/09
Here are the products I use on my kids. Look up on the database all the " gentle" baby crap and you'll see how wonderful it is. Again my goal, finding safe, effective, afforable products. So here they are.

Jason Natural, NutriSmile Toothpaste, Orange, Cinnamon & Mint Flavor, 6 oz (170 g) rates a 2-3. contains Sodium Monofluorophosphate 0.76 (Fluoride) which rates a 6 for the ingredient. I think the kids should have fluoride in their toothpaste at this point too, although if your kids are younger they do make this flavor without and this brand has specifc kid toothpaste that rates a 2 and I would assume they don't have fluoride. Anyway I chose these toothpastes for us because they contain Sodium Monofluorophosphate instead of Sodium Fluoride which rates an 8 aka high hazard. Most toothpastes you find at walmart have that in it.

Stony Brook Botanicals, Body Lotion, Fragrance Free, 16 fl oz (470 ml) I can't find this product on the database but I did look up all the ingredients individually when I bought this and if I had to rate it myself I would guess a 2.

Earth Science, Fragrance Free Shampoo, 12 fl oz (355 ml) Rates a 2. Go type in Johnson and Johnson's into the database for fun to compare. I will say with this, I don't think you can just let the soap run in their eyes expecting it not to sting a little so I would be careful there. I saw they also have a conditioner and might look into that for Isabelle.

For washing their bod's I just use Dove soap or the suds off their shampoo if we're washing hair that night.

If you go chemical free with one area, I would do it with your kids, since they are smaller and absorb this stuff more. If you check past posts you can get more info, go to the labels regarding fragrance, bpa etc;

*update: I have totally fallen off the toothpast wagon and need to research it again!  Any suggestions are appreciated!!  Also now that my kids are older (8,6,2) I let them use my shampoo, I don't have to worry about them getting it isn their eyes.  I've been using Nature's Gate, but some of those ingredients vary and they will say fragrance *phthalate free.  but what else could be hiding... I recently purchased Everday Shea Vanilla mint from IHERB, so I will give my 2 cents on that one once it comes in the mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment