Thursday, January 10, 2013

My Newest Little Gem


Almond oil.  Hmm, who would've thought.  What led me here?  Looking for all natural hair serums and in my google submersion came out deciding to give almond oil a try.  I like it. I do.  Just a drop for the ends of your hair when it's wet.  I also wanted to stop using petroleum jelly to get my eye makeup off.  I tried it for a while to make sure it didn't irritate my eyes.  And it didn't, not at all.  It even made the skin around my eyes really soft.  So I started using it as a moisturizer on that ocular bone I think is what it is, every night.  One night I did notice I had a couple light red bumps and I thought, blasted oil you always break me out!!  But they were gone by morning and haven't been back and I then I ended up reading about in the oil cleansing method (which can use almond oil the mix) that it can draw impurities out of your skin and you can break out at first.  I also tend to get bumpy and itchy on the sides of my neck around the jawline so I put some oil there, it's not your oily oil, not like EVOO is.  Anyway, that area of skin is much softer and smoother.  Read about all the uses here!! "
Healing Purposes
Since almond oil is high in unsaturated fat, it brings down the level of bad cholesterol in the blood. When applied on the skin, it heals eczema and skin rashes.
Read more at Buzzle: http://www.buzzle.com/articles/almond-oil-uses.html
   

No comments:

Post a Comment