Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Makeup 1.0

Original post date 1/24/08

My Preliminary  Sheer Miracle makeup review
I sent emails recently about mineral makeup and also the link to http://www.safecosmetics.org/, it has a list of companies who have signed a pact not to put hazardous ingredients in it's products. There is also http://www.cosmeticdatabase.com/splash.php?URI=%2Findex.php where you search products, companies, ingredients etc; it's daunting esspecially if you are on a budget and just can't order awesome organic stuff off the internet. (http://www.sheermiracle.com/) (they signed the safe cosmetic pact)
Back to my sheer miracle review. I've only used the products once since I haven't been out of the house but once in the past 2 weeks! I ordered samples of the foundation, 2 different colors, the glow finishing powder, the bronzer and yellow concealer, all loose powder. I also got the small flat bronzer brush. The foundations I tried were light warm and medium light neutral. At first I thought the lighter would match since I'm pretty fair but it made me look pasty and lighter than my neck and chest. (I don't tan in the winter) I then did the medium light neutral and it matched very well. It was the first foundation that didn't make me look pasty or orangey. It matched my neck a chest, a more olive tone. The trick for me was to get a small amount of powder in the lid each time and swirl my brush in it and make sure it had a light, even coat, they have application tips online. I thought the finishing powder was very pretty too. You have to work with it, at least for me the first time lots of blending and adding a little at a time, the bronzer I thought was very nice as well, nice non orangey adjustable color, a little goes a long way. The only thing I'm not sold on yet is the concealer, I think I needed to moisturize my dry spots better, it's really important to be well moisturized before applying the makeup. I also didn't have a small brush and I just didn't think it hid my dark inner eye circles very well, but like I say, I didn't have a small brush as I would've liked and I've used this all once. I wore it for an evening grocery shopping, I thought it stayed in place very well. I believe, no matter what you order it's 5.50 to ship and I ordered friday evening and got it the next thurs. They are out of Arizona. Also my friend Katie just started using Sheer Cover which she loves but to compare pricing, I believe she said she pays 14.99 for 4 grams and Sheer Miracle is 18.50 for 10 grams weight ( 30 grams volume) Sheer Cover has not signed the safe cosmetics pact. So that's my latest thoughts on Sheer Miracle. I'm really interested in trying their emu oil. But only as resources allow! :) Any feedback is welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment