Wednesday, February 6, 2013

No Knead Pizza Dough, ya know?

photo
I know for a fact that so many greenie blogger ladies are light years ahead of me on the spelt-sprouting, grinding, but I'm in transition here, as in used to buy that weekly poisonous frozen pizza.  I would still like to know if letting your dough sit for 8 hours helps along any fermenting and breaking down of phytic acid.  Big word, yeah I just learned it, this week, HERE and it overwhelms me to think that grains are probably doing more harm than good unless they are fermented and sprouted ugh, dang.  It practically makes this post pointless but whatever it took me months to find a pizza crust, THIS easy and THIS good.  What do I mean by good??  Like not bready biscuity, but chewy, bubbly awesome.  I found this online here.

As I am notorious for using recipes as a guide and follow it, for the most part, I did skip some of the last steps, cause that's how I roll, sometimes it backfires, though most of the time, not. ;)

Save

"No Knead Pizza Dough

This dough is very forgiving. The second time I made it I only let it rise for 5 hours in my hot Arizona kitchen. I also didn't let it rest after shaping for as long as the recipe directed and it still turned out wonderfully.
Yield: about 3 balls of dough (you can easily double this recipe)

Ingredients:

3 3/4 cups (500 grams) unbleached all-purpose flour <sprouted organic wheat or spelt, if you're awesome, I'm not... yet.
1/4 teaspoon active dry yeast < if you're awesome, yeast I didn't know existed
1 1/2 teaspoons fine sea salt
1 1/2 cups lukewarm water (be sure not to use really hot water as that will kill the yeast)

Directions:

In a medium bowl combine the flour, yeast, and salt. Gradually add the water, stirring with a wooden spoon, until the water is incorporated and a shaggy dough forms. You may need to use your hands to fully incorporate the water. Just remember, you don't need to knead!"

So I have made this twice, loved it both times.  The second time I made it first thing in the morning, once you mix it, put it in a greased bowl with plastic wrap, and let it set out for alllll darn day.  It, was, SO good.  We used to eat a lot of Papa Murphy's and my husband and I liked this crust better, my best attempt yet and finally I was satisfied with my dough!!  I used a big pizza pan with the holes, cooked it for 10-15 minutes at 450 on the bottom rack.  Pizza Perfection.  And I've had a lot of floppy disappointments when it come to homemade pizza

No comments:

Post a Comment