Thursday, February 14, 2013

Food Cooking

Food and cooking, cooking and food, I like food, I hate to cook, I would rather clean, organize, almost anything, except grocery shopping maybe... and public speaking... but back to the point.  In my quest for a healthier family I am realizing, girl's gotta do a lot of cooking, a lot of caring about food and preparing.  Also to save money, we have all but quit eating out all together, a win win really, but I have relegated myself to the fact that after a long day of... whatever, cleaning, kids, budgeting, that I don't get to cop out at the end of day and order pizza.  Changing my mindset has helped, all the reasons to cook for the fam are good, healthier, less sickness, less chemicals, more money.  When I think of it as a priority right up there with clean clothes, then it gets easier, for the most part.  Lately I have been learning about grains and beans, with the whole Paleo craze, I told myself, aint nobody taking my bread or beans OR cheese, I love cheese. so much.  Stupid fad diets anyhow.  Well some of what they are saying makes some sense, again, check this link.  I also read how beans are the same way with the phytic acid.  Hence I soaked beans for the first time.  I am trying to eliminate canned foods as well.  Check up in my links I have some good resources up there.  I don't have enough hours in the day to learn it all but slowly I am building on my information.  So come, learn with me, hate to cook maybe a little less with me because you know the benefits are real food are so far reaching...

No comments:

Post a Comment