Friday, February 22, 2013

Grapeseed Oil, My Face Loves You.

Grape Seed Oil, 1 QuartI recently got some grapeseed oil at the grocery store.  I have been using it in my OCM routine for about a week and I wish I would have done it from the start!!  Right now my mix is about 25-30% castor oil and some flax oil I'm using up ( the next time I mix it will be omitted) a drop or two of tea tree oil and the rest grapeseed.  This oil is AMAZING, I don't want to be overly dramatic but really I am loving it!!  It's light and  a couple nights I only steamed and wiped my face once with it for it to feel so soft and clean.  I was not wearing make up on these days though, like most days... My skin is actually less oily, like barely shiny it's so weird!! but good, it's more glowy and even.  Read things like this a couple different places:

"Grapeseed oil is fantastic for your skin. By itself the oil is a wonderful moisturizer and because it is absorbed quickly by the skin, does not leave a greasy feeling. After being taken in by the skin, the oil really starts to go to work by infusing it with antioxidants, which help make the skin stay young-looking and elastic by protecting it against damaging free radicals. Many studies suggest that grapeseed oil is a more powerful antioxidant than either vitamin C or vitamin E, both of which are commonly used in antioxidant face creams and serums. In fact, there’s also evidence that the oil is as effective as vitamin C at evening out the tone of skin, resulting in a more uniform, radiant complexion." 

And:

 "Grapeseed oil contains a remarkably high concentration (73%!) of linoleic acid. One of the extraordinary properties of linoleic acid is its ability to mix with oxygen in the air to form a stable, water proof film. This film is why linoleic acid is good for skin: it not only traps moisture in the skin but also leaves it feeling dry and supple, not wet and greasy. If that weren’t enough, linoleic acid has anti-inflammatory effects that can help combat acne when applied topically to the skin." (source  http://www.vocoterra.com/blog/when-in-doubt-grab-a-grape/)

I am truly amazed at how much better my skin has gotten since starting OCM in January.(you can check out my posts about OCM here)  My forehead is really clearing up, every part of my face is!  It is softer, less oily, it's been, all happy and balanced the past couple days, even with skipping washing in the morning.  Is it perfect?? No.  But so so SO much better!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment