Sunday, December 29, 2013

Natural Face Products

Here are some products that I get off iherb that I wanted to throw out there.  First off is a moisturizer I got for my mom, who has had rosacea in the past, and was using almond oil for her skin, but it just wasn't cutting it for her this winter.  After one night of using this, her face felt much better and very soft. Ingredients: Olive (Olea europaea) Fruit Oil*, Beeswax (cera alba)*, New Zealand Manuka Honey, Bee Pollen Extract, Royal Jelly, Bee Propolis Extract, Glycerin (Plant-Derived), Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Tocopherol (Non-GMO).

http://www.iherb.com/Madre-Magic-All-Purpose-Skin-Cream-2-oz-56-g/51816

 
Also if you're looking for a great alternative to Burts Bee's 2.99 lip balm. Sierra Bees, Organic Unflavored Beeswax Lip Balm   This brand is great for less than a buck.  They have many other scents that are naturally scented if you prefer.

Another all time fave of mine that I started using often at night, after toning and before using oil as a moisturizer, is Reviva Labs, 10% Glycolic Acid Cream.  I used it years ago and came back to it for quite a few nights a week, the ingredients are simple and glycolic acid exfoliates.  It can be irritating as you're getting used to it.  They have a 5% version too.

And here is one more. Abra Therapeutics, Alpha Enzyme Peel If you are looking for a glycolic peel to try, this was one is nice and all natural, 6% glycolic acid. It doesn't take much, just a thin layer.  I did try leaving it on all night, but my face got irritated and little itchy in places.  The jar says 15-30 mins I think. I use this about once a week,  leave it on for a couple hours, then rinse it off with a wet washcloth, skip toner and moisturize as usual.  ( it makes my skin feel very soft) I do NOT use my glycolic cream after this, I do my Mychelle Serum, or if I do this in the day, I do my daytime moisturizers, my almond oil mix ( essential oils added) then spf moisturizer which I have blogged about previously.  Check the labels if you're interested in that.


*and in case you were wondering, no, I don't get paid to endorse any product and I had to pay for the products.  I just spend way too much time researching and shopping around reading ingredient lists and reviews and pass along my opinions and faves to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment